Saturday, July 19, 2008

Binge

This week turned from a hiatus to an all out binge. I decided at some point that perhaps it would be good to get all my cravings out of my system in one week, so that I can start fresh on Sunday with a renewed commitment to calorie control. But first, my commitment to calorie consumption: with unabashed zeal, I ate cake, cookies, pizza, pasta, beer, french fries, burgers, crispy chicken, chicken wings, potato skins, cupcakes....I am a little embarrassed to say the list goes on.

And you know what??

I feel like crap.

My tummy hurts, my head aches, my breath could clear a city block, I am tired, and I don't want to see another piece of cake for at least 24 hours. (Okay, 6 hours.) I am so ready to eat salad again, drink water instead of beer and soda, chomp on celery, and eat fruit for breakfast instead of cupcakes. Hopefully I'll look back on this experience and remember how bad the body feels when it isn't being treated well. I do remember when I originally started this experiment, I felt better after the first week of healthier eating. I can't wait for that feeling to return so I can lay off the Pepto Bismol.

No comments: