Naturally, since my house is only 1.5 hours' drive from DC, the family roosted at my little nest before heading down to Fed Ex Field. And, naturally, we had a few cold ones. My diet for the day (to the best of my recollection):
- one cupcake topped with cute little caramel turkeys with pretzel legs, stuffed with more cake crumbs, and sitting on a bed of green cornflakes that looked like lettuce. Very cute, and very caramel-y.
- four to five cookies of various flavors and sizes
- one piece of pumpkin spice flavored sticky bun
- one moderately sized brownie
- one mystery dessert which I will deem a "maple bar"
- a few bites of crab dip on crackers
- a test bite of taco-flavored ground beef which looked like it was something made of brown sugar
- one slice of spice cake with orange glaze
Top my buffet with several shots of Canadian whiskey and several more cans of domestic swill known to vast majorities of the population as beer, and you get a small glimpse of my state of mind later in the evening. (And if you did happen to glimpse my state of mind? Please let me know how awful it was. Because I can only assume - very.)
After a brief time
I hate when I have to ground myself before holidays. My goal for Thanksgiving is to remember to eat a vitamin or two, and to keep the correct end pointed at the porcelain. Wish me luck!