Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Eeek! A New Decade!

At approximately 2:45 this afternoon, I officially left my roaring twenties behind...and said hello to....30...

Phew! There, I said it. This is not really as traumatic for me as I thought it might be when I was Jamie's age (she's 16, and would like me to mention her in my blog - You Rock, Jame!). Honestly, I am much happier with my life now than I was when I was 20. As my constant readers may know, (and I actually have at least 3 or 4 of them now!) I am fairly happy. I jest often about my trials and tribulations as I struggle to lose the caboose, but I really have a (mostly) healthy body image. I also have a great guy, a loving family, and a job that pays the rent without making me overly insane (mostly).

My birthday was always my favorite day of the year when I was a child. Sure, Christmas was a close second, but my birthday was all my own. When you have a few siblings, it is nice to have one day a year in which the focus is where it should be: on ME!! Also, my birthday was often either: the last day of school (yay), the first day of summer (woo-hoo), or a fun day at school like field day. So this made it fun for everyone. Just like Christmas morning, I would wake up at the crack of dawn and be too excited to sleep any longer.

So now, I guess I am a grown up (though I still think I have a lot of growing to do!) I go to work on my birthday. Like every other day. Kinda poopey. Still, I woke this morning, and like I always do, tried to determine what day of the week it is. For one millisecond, I thought, "It's my birthday!!" and had a tinge of that old excitement.

Then I went back to bed. It was the crack of dawn after all.

2 comments:

CaraBee said...

Happy Birthday!! I hear that 30 is the new 20, so live it up.

CaraBee said...

And, sorry I'm late!!