Saturday, June 14, 2008

Starting Over

I just worked out my spreadsheet. Not so hot this week. I may have mentioned how I have never actually managed to go more than two weeks in a row of meeting my goal for calorie intake. So, four weeks ago, I made my new goal to go four whole weeks with "Good Job" flashing up on the bottom of my charts. So close!!

....Yet so far away. My awesomely delicious cookie dough birthday cake from Coldstone Creamery (Thanks Tiff!!) and a spur of the moment get together last night have sabotaged me. I will have to try the next four weeks, I suppose. My reward, an overly expensive ($50! Isn't that crazy?) gym bag that looks like it might actually fit my change of clothes and shower accessories will have to wait. I do think I will give myself partial credit though - I managed to go three weeks, and that is still a record. So perhaps a new shirt or a book I have been wanting....

My instructor for Body Attack said something sort of inspiring today: She said people are always telling her that they would give anything if they could look like (insert pretty person's name here). And her reply is always, "Really?? Because I can make you look like that, but you're going to have to work for it."

I think the cake and beer was worth it. It's all about choices, and I'm still committed. That gym bag will be mine!!

No comments: