Saturday, May 24, 2008

Motivation

Oh yeah baby, that's just what I'm talking about. I started reading "The Dorm Room Diet" today, but I needed only to read the introduction in order to find that negative motivation I so desperately need. First off, this book could have been written by me, as the author described her childhood and teenage years as if they were pulled from my own diaries. (Side note: Did anyone see that movie about the number 23? I was slightly worried that the girl would murder her room mate in the end...) Anyway, she drones on for a few pages about how she was always overweight (though I question how she remembers being overweight at age 2.) I too, have always been overweight. I remember in 2nd or 3rd grade gym class when we were building a human pyramid (probably not allowed these days). I was the only girl on the bottom - the teacher said I had "broad shoulders." The author of the book related a few similar stories, blah, blah, blah, and then said that at her fattest she was my exact height and weight. Yes, my current weight - after losing 10 lbs.
Honestly, I'd like to see a picture, because I personally think people would be surprised to learn how much I weigh. Most of the weight is in my "nether" regions - the legs and the gigantic butt - which are luckily areas that can be disguised by baggy clothing. Or perhaps it is only me that can't see this extra poundage since I rarely look at my backside in a mirror. I am only hoping that this girl carried all her weight up top and that I actually look like a super model in comparison. Because this is a little too much negativity.

No comments: