Thursday, May 15, 2008

Now that's a Good Deal!

I just got a BJ's membership. For those unfamiliar, BJ's is Costco is Sam's Club - a gigantic warehouse of "good deals." In ginormous sizes. Yes, the deals are plenty, but I just bought enough cleaning products to last approximately three years. (I am not certain whether this is normal or if I do not clean very often. Pshaw - my house is "clean enough to be healthy and dirty enough to be happy.")
Anyway, my sister and I were rather overwhelmed as we strolled through the aisles with carts large enough to transport a Labrador, staring wide-eyed at 8-packs of salad dressing. But then she saw the 40-pack of ice cream treats, and I saw the 5-pound tub of cookie dough. I managed to think realistically - I sadly do not really have the space for this much cookie dough, but the ice cream treats do not take up as much room, and my sister was done for. After that, she rushed through the store, struggling to reach for 10-lb bags of peas and 50-packs of juice boxes, exclaiming, "that's a good deal" in a strained voice. It was quite hilarious.
I was able to control myself for this trip, but I now have unusual desires to purchase 120 granola bars and 32 packs of yogurt. Will I be able to make these relatively healthy purchases last? Or will I become overwhelmed by the plethora of snacking possibilities and gorge to my heart's desire? Only time will tell. For now, I am not certain when Adam and I will manage to use all this toilet paper and toothpaste, but we are ready for....well, something. Dentists with diarrhea?

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

I still stand by my original remark...the Variety Pack of Good Humor Ice Cream bars was most definitely a wise purchase...a good deal...and has brought on much good humor!!! and so now I simply am looking forward to my next purchase...a 30 pack of Klondike Bars!!! Yummy