Saturday, July 11, 2009

God Bless America!

OK, so this post is a week late. I think I have finally formed a plan which will allow me to cope more successfully with my commute to Raleigh. (Though I am still really hopeful that we get work in Baltimore soon! Come on America! Start building again!) Anyway, Part I of "Operation Regain Sanity" is to catch up on things - like housework, groceries, laundry, and, of course, all the blogs which are constantly banging around in my brain.

So, sorry for the delay! These pictures are from the 4th of July, when I packed up my gear and went hiking and camping with the family. We went to Ricketts Glen State Park in Pennsylvania, which was originally owned by a Union officer in the Civil War, Col. Robert Ricketts. We walked down the "Falls Trail". As the name suggests, there are a bunch of waterfalls along the trail - 21 to be exact. And here's a little snippet I did not know - there are two types of falls, both with marriage themes. A "bridal veil" falls in a single drop, and a "wedding cake" falls over tiered land in a series. The forest itself is lovely, with trees over 500 years old, and yes, we saw more wildlife. However, it was generally the butterfly and small critter variety - not the black bear, which is said to make its home in the park.

Sort of a bridal-y wedding cake

This is my kind of wildlife!

Definitely bridal. Definitely.

The boys pose for their album cover.

Uncle Tim, as usual, is never too far from a fire pit.

HAPPY (BELATED) FOURTH OF JULY EVERYONE!
... AND GOD BLESS AMERICA!

No comments: