Thursday, August 6, 2009

Easy Come Easy Go

Phew, that was a close one. Have you ever looked at your bank account and found that you have too much money? That happened to me today. Of course my first instinct was to rejoice, thinking that perhaps I had won the lottery or there was a new "stimulus plan" I was unaware of. But then, I looked more closely and realized that I have more money because I have forgotten to pay for things. You know, things like electricity and water and credit card purchases of Wii video games. Important things.

So I look at my balance, and see one more zero than I am accustomed to seeing in my checking account. I checked with all creditors and assigned payments as required.

Dang. No lottery for me.

That split second of excitement was nice though...

3 comments:

CaraBee said...

I wish I had an extra zero on my bank account. Even if it was only for a couple of hours.

Liz Baer said...

Next time you have too much money, you can send some my way... :-P

Babe in Babeland said...

Oh I know how that feels...thinking you have more money than you do is GREAT! Until you realize that you don't. And that you're late on payments. And then it's no fun. :-( Hopefully you and I will BOTH win the lottery!