Saturday, August 15, 2009

Ready, Set....

We are getting ready to go on vacation wit' da Fam. We're going to the beach, which is really not my all time most exciting a-one top on the list choice of places to go. But I looked into a few of those: a cruise to Alaska, a week in solitude at Glacier National Park, Europe, Australia, a four day Phish festival in California...they have one thing in common: We can't afford them. So, beach it is. One advantage (besides rental/travel costs) is that you can still manage to eat well with proper planning. So, last night was a frenzy of prep - I made my little breakfasts and lunches. I packed my little snacks. And I made one dinner, to be shared with everyone one night of the week. Today, I will pack all (hopefully all) these lovingly planned meals, and probably end up gorging on cake for the next seven days, with the occassional beer in between. Sigh.

In addition to the food, I have to pack linens and towels, games, beer, water...and I should probably bring some clothes...

...but instead I have just spent an hour an a half reading blogs and generally farting around on the internet. Hey, I'm on vacation!

No comments: